All throughout high school and most of college, I remained absolutely mystified by my mother's desire to go to bed significantly earlier than I did. I didn't get tired until late at night, and thus never went to bed before midnight or 1 am.
No longer true.
Last night, while watching an excellent video recording of Brahms' Piano Concerto and String Quartet (orchestrated by Shoenberg), I was unable to keep my eyes open. Eventually I looked at my watch, expecting it to be at least 9:45. Oh no. It was 8:15. So now I understand wanting to go to bed early. Hopefully the need for sleep will triumph over my desire to stay up late and socialize with the rest of my night-owl apartment mates.
1 comment:
I won't be a night owl either . . . we can commiserate about all the late night adventures we miss together!
Post a Comment