Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Catching up

I just went through my camera and I found a whole bunch of pictures that I should have posted long ago!

One time, Meghanne, Jon, Diana, Luke, Taylor, Chris, and I went to Boston to hear the BSO. Once there, we quickly discovered that the BSO was out of cheap(er) tickets, and none of us wanted to spend over $25 dollars, let alone $98. Ha. So it was time for plan B: Fire and Ice! This adventure was partially in celebration of Taylor's birthday, so we we told the chefs, and they made him stand in the middle of the cooking area while we all sang. ("Sang" is a very, very relative term...) After we had gotten our first round of food, we took some scenario pictures. I don't know what was supposed to be happening in this one, but it's my favorite.


This is another scenario picture that is definitely not ringing a bell...


But regardless of what the scenarios were supposed to be, we had a good time acting them out.

Later that week, I baked a cake for our organist/music director's last week of church. I took a picture of both the copious amount of butter necessary to make it taste good, and the even more copious amount of powdered sugar that went into the frosting. At some point or another, I'm going to have to dedicate an entire post to the merits of butter - as in, if you want anything to taste good, throw in as much butter as you think your arteries can handle. Take a look at the sugar-to-cake ratio...



Post-church, there was a party at a new restaurant in Boston called Lolita. NOTA BENE: IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD OF OR BEEN TO THIS RESTAURANT, HEAR ABOUT IT OR GO TO IT RIGHT NOW. RIGHT NOW! I can't recommend it highly enough, and to top it off, it was started by people from church. So cool! And they gave us fake tattoos!


(This is my left arm, if you couldn't tell.)

The next week, my lovely apartment played Bananagrams. I won the last round that I played before heading off to a concert by a phenomenal string quartet, and I took a picture of my crossword masterpiece.


Good times.

This weekend, we went to Lauren's house to celebrate her birthday, but I think that requires a post of its own....

No comments: