BECAUSE IT WAS 65 DEGREES!
It was beyond glorious. I saw a man in a convertible with his bike in the passenger seat like it was his pet dog. I saw a lady wearing a flowing, flowery shirt and a hat blasting rap music through her open car window. I saw some tweenage girls huddled in a clump on the sidewalk, discussing the significance (?) of who had the best shoes. I saw a man wearing a sweatshirt and a rainbow scarf wandering down the side of the road.
But the weirdest thing I saw happened when I got to the beach itself. A girl and her boyfriend were meandering slowly near the water's edge. Suddenly, a dog, no more than one foot off the ground, ran up to them.
And the girl started screaming.
Not cute* screaming. We're talking oh-my-gosh-I'm-about-to-get-murdered screaming. Screaming screaming. And she proceeded to run around her boyfriend in circles until the dog finally decided to give up its efforts to play.
Better yet, there were two other dogs on the beach that within a five-minute span had elicited the same reaction.
The dogs' owner passed me as I was walking by and we shared an incredulous smile.
People are funny sometimes.
*Note: I have never actually witnessed an event where screaming could be classified as "cute." But you get the gist?
No comments:
Post a Comment