Monday, October 25, 2010

Analogies

I like chemistry. I like knowing that if I combine four molecules of aluminum and three molecules oxygen, I will without fail get two molecules of aluminum oxide. It's exact and predictable. I also like 3x3 Rubik's cubes, because I know that if I use all the right algorithms, the cube practically solves itself. I know all the right moves, and I know the order in which to perform them, and it works out right every time.

Right now life sort of feels like a chemical equation with too many molecules - no arrangement of numbers I throw at it will balance both sides. Or maybe it feels like a 10x10 Rubik's cube - I don't know any of the algorithms, and I'm just turning it randomly, hoping that at some point I'll figure out a move that will align the colors correctly.

...I guess this means I'm stressed out. I didn't think that was possible.

This is really depressing. Probably if I sleep, try to get rid of some of the items from my to-do list and fix some of the problems that I unwittingly created, life will return to it's normal chemistry/3x3 phase.

No comments: