Monday, December 21, 2009

A blog!

I've never written a blog before.  This represents a new experiment in daily...well, maybe not daily...but sporadic musings on the everyday things.  Today is December 21st, 2009, and I'm sitting here in front of a lovely woodstove in Vermont, decorating a bulletin board to bring back to my room at school at the end of Christmas break.  My mom has been telling me since the very beginning of the school year that my wall looks positively bleak next to my roommate's highly decorative one, so hopefully the bulletin board will remedy the situation. 

Apart from wall decoration and sitting in front of the woodstove, I've done very little this vacation except for cooking dinner for the entire family and discovering a very large collection of records of awesome music ranging from Shostakovich to Bach to plainsong and Gregorian chant.  As a music major and having just finished the entirety of music history, I found this collection pretty fascinating, and have been exploring it for several days.  However, I've listened to it almost exclusively while home alone because the rest of the family doesn't really appreciate it, with the exception of my dad, to whom they belong.  Nevertheless, it gives me an excuse to use the record player, which I rather miss while away at school.  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wait.. your dad is a music person? did I know this?
~Alicia

Jillian said...

He's more of a music lover than a music person...I dunno if that makes sense, but it's true. :)